Welcome in the VRT
1) Where can I find information on bus and train travel in the Trier region?
Information is posted in multiple languages at selected bus stops. Information is also available in the free VRT-Fahrplan-app (in German, English and Arabic).
Detailed information is available at www.vrt-info.de/en/
2) What do I need to know when riding buses and trains?
- Buses and trains can only be used with a valid ticket!
- It is always necessary to enter in busses at the front.
- Those with tickets must show the ticket to the bus driver when they get in, after which they will be allowed to proceed.
- Some buses have a display that shows the name of the next stop.
- In order to get off the bus, it is necessary to push one of the red “stop buttons”.
- Large bags/luggage, bicycles and prams may only be taken on the bus when there is sufficient room.
- Bicycles can only be taken along if there is sufficient room; prams and wheelchairs always take priority.
- The bus driver is responsible for determining whether something can be carried on the bus.
3) Where can I get a ticket? What possibilities are there?
Tickets can be purchased from the bus driver and from the ticket machines at train stations.
Single One-Way Ticket: These are only valid for one person for one journey along a direct route from the starting point to the destination. A return journey is not included.
Reduced One-Way Ticket (for children): These are only valid for one person from the age of 6 up to and including the age of 14 for a direct route from the starting point to the destination. A return journey is not included.
4-Trip ticket: (Valid only in the city of Trier) This ticket contains four sections, each of which is valid for one journey along a direct route from the starting point to the destination (example: 4 journeys for 1 person; 2 journeys for 2 people). The ticket sections must be validated/stamped in the bus. It is necessary to validate/stamp a separate section for the return journey.
Single Day Ticket: This ticket is valid for one person for one full day throughout the transport region. The ticket may be given to another person.
Group Day Ticket: This ticket is valid for a group of up to five people for one full day throughout the transport region. These tickets can be used starting at 9:00 a.m. from Monday to Friday, and even earlier on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
You will find additional tickets at vrt-info.de/en/